Tour: Day Eleven

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 reviews (Comments): 1
El Paso, Texas

The tour is almost over, and a good thing because I’m at about the end of my rope. That breakdown south of Albuquerque was a disaster, but at least I was able to salvage something for us in Las Cruces.

We had a small incident soon after our arrival, with Vic insisting we go to Carlsbad after the gig and Nevin arguing with him about whether or not bats were “nice” animals. It got ugly and Nevin disappeared in a huff. I found him at the Natural History museum and persuaded him to return. It wasn’t too hard to do, since the museum featured desert wildlife, including snakes and lizards. Nevin is more into birds and bunnies than reptiles.

Last night’s gig went off well, even though it was a Monday. I used Twitter and Facebook to get the word out to the New Mexico State students and they came out and had a great time. To the best of my knowledge, no one is missing or anemic after last night, so I figure it was a success.

Our gig tonight is in El Paso.









It was just a short drive from Las Cruces, so I slept in this morning. Nevin and Kalila had waffles, coffee, and strawberries waiting for me when I woke up, and were very nice to me. Makes me wonder if there are things going on I don’t know about. I sure hope not.

reviews (Comments): 1

Thomma Lyn :

It's been quite a wild tour to be sure, Ricky! And I can imagine Nevin being more into fuzzy critters than scaly ones. ;-D

That breakfast they fixed you sounds yummy! But yes, makes me wonder if they're up to something.

Post a Comment